Setting up as a business, contractor, freelanceer, or self-employed? Keep reading.
Introducing Luke Kemeys; a qualified chartered accountant and business development expert. Better known as 1 half of Next Advisory. We were lucky enough to have a chat, asking all our burning questions in the accounting space, and you get to be a fly on the wall. Not only does Luke go over everything you need to know in order to set up your accounts correctly from the start, but he also added in some insightful goal and mind setting tips.
In this video we cover:
- First things first: setting your accounts up correctly, right from the start.
- The difference between a company and a sole trader.
- Goal setting.
- When you should approach an accountant and what to ask.
- Breaking down these terms: Business expenses, cost of sale, equity, capital, profit, depreciation.
- GST, what is it and when do you need to register?
- Work smarter not harder.
- Tax on investments.
That's a whole lotta valuable content right there. Invest the time (28min 19sec) to upskill yourself, maybe you could skip that mindlessly scrolling on TikTok??
Thank you so much for stopping by. We really hope that this has given you a boost of confidence and you now have an idea of what you should be doing.
You can find Luke here: